Account Executive - EU Public Affairs
Permanent full time contract
Preferred starting date: as soon as possible
Europe Analytica, an award winning Brussels-based public affairs consultancy specialised in the cultural, creative and digital industries, is looking for a highly qualified and talented individual with direct experience of EU policy to join our public affairs team in Brussels as our new Account Executive.
Europe Analytica has a long history as a boutique consultancy providing effective public affairs and communications services for almost 20 years.
You will contribute to all the activities of a dynamic and growing public affairs consultancy by:
• Supporting our Account Manager in the management of clients in the field of culture, film/audiovisual, sport and the news media.
• Staying on top of EU and international policy developments and media trends;
• Delivering up-to-date intelligence and high-quality research;
• Liaising with European institutions and other organisations;
• Managing day-to-day activities of accounts - including contact with clients, timelines, deliverables, event planning, logistics, budgets and admin - with limited supervision;
• Delivering clear, precise and client-driven analysis and advice;
• Leading teamwork on specific clients, with hands-on input;
• Proactive approach, willingness to take the initiative, and ability to develop and maintain a network of contacts with key stakeholders active in the policy field.
You must have:
A postgraduate qualification which is relevant to either European public affairs or specific policy areas of interest (European cultural ecosystem. Media or audiovisual industry) – or comparable professional experience;
Hands-on recent work experience of at least 2 years in one of the EU institutions, government; a public affairs consultancy; the public affairs team of a company; or a relevant think-tank, trade body or non-governmental organisation;
Very good knowledge and practical experience of the EU decision making processes and its stakeholders;
Excellent people skills, including the ability to build collaborative relationships both as part of the Europe Analytica team and with the clients;
Enthusiasm, a focus on the client, a dynamic, quick-thinking approach to work, a good eye for detail and strong analytical skills;
Excellent organisational and project management skills;
Required fluent spoken and written English (French is an asset);
Strong IT, communication and social media management skills.
You can expect:
• Challenging assignments on high-profile political issues;
• Direct exposure to our clients
• Travel to conferences and events across Europe throughout the year
• Integration into a dynamic and motivated team;
• An in-depth understanding of issues, intelligent strategic advice and execution;
• Friendly working environment, autonomous operations within an effectively managed structure.
• Terms: permanent full time contract;
• Location: Brussels (or Europe), with the possibility of working some days from home
• Right to work requirements: Applicants must be eligible to work in Belgium;
• Application: Please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating “EA Account Executive” in the subject line.
• Europe Analytica is an equal opportunities employer.
• Deadline: The final deadline for application is 10/02/2023.
• Please note that we will assess applications on a rolling basis as they are submitted, so we advise you to apply early. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.