1. About EA
1.1 EA is a Brussels-based public affairs consultancy that represent various clients towards the EU institutions, Brussels-based and national stakeholders. Through research, publications and advocacy, EA aims at better law making for its clients providing information to EU policymakers and stakeholders.
1.2 EA processes the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 hereinafter the “General Data Protection Regulation“ (GDPR).
2. How we collect the information
3. Information we collect
3.1 Personal data – As a client of EA or an external stakeholder, you may provide us with personal data information when using our website, interacting with us on social media, registering for information or events.
The data we collect can include your organisation’s name, title (or gender), job title, first name, family name, function, telephone number, mailing address, e-mail, social media account (s) and web address or photo, as well as where applicable, and attendance to EA events.
Some of this data is considered as personal data under the GDPR. In most instances, we collect personal data directly from the data subjects, but we may sometimes obtain personal data from third parties such as EU institutions websites.
The types of information we collect includes:
Contact information: such as first name, surname, your organisation’s name, title (or gender), function, postal and email address and telephone number, social media account (s) and web address or photo.
Other personal information in content you provide to us, such as through emails you send to us, newsletters, and the contact form you may use on our website.
Information you choose to send to us for recruitment purposes.
Any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may also collect data about you from public records or publicly available databases, such as data from third parties, like the EU websites.
3.2. Information we obtain by automated means
Our website or social media channels may use tracking techniques such as cookies for collecting technical information or for statistical purposes such as: type of web browser you use, your IP address, your operating system, the date and time of access, your search engine, and the type of domain to connect to Internet.
4. About our website, social media and our cookies policies
4.1 Cookies - Our website or social media channels may use tracking techniques such as cookies for collecting technical information about your use for the purpose of improving and tailoring their content and making it more user-friendly.
Cookies are stored on your computer and enable us to trail your computer’s use of the website and, for registered users, to manage their access to specific content. We use performance cookies to provide anonymous statistics on how our website is used.
We may use third-party web analytics services, including Google Analytics. The information obtained for this purpose will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers.
It is possible for you to disable or delete cookies within your specific browser options, although this may impair your use of the website or will require you to resubmit your credentials to access member’s or subscriber’s content. Certain features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
You can opt out of Google Analytics here.
4.2 Social media privacy policies - When interacting with our social media channels your consent and personal data use are covered by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each of these social media platforms.
4.3. Third party websites and social media - Our website (s), social media channels and electronic communication tools may also contain links to websites or social media channels of third parties. These links are provided for your information and convenience only. EA does not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for the websites or social media channels which we provide links to. EA also does not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for their availability, performance, content or for the use of such websites or social media channels or any information contained therein.
5. Purpose of use and processing
The information that you provide us with will be used for the purpose of contacting you, fulfilling your online requests or facilitating your access to client-only content and/or providing you with relevant and updated information about our company, its activities and positions. More specifically, as part of its general mission, EA processes personal data for the following purposes:
1. For client management and general administration. EA also processes the personal data of representatives and contact persons of entities with which EA contracts, such as consortiums, services providers or consultancies.
2. For research, publication and advocacy purposes: EA processes contact details of journalists, Members of European Parliament, officials from the European Commission and from EU Member States, academics, consultants and industry experts and European affairs stakeholders for the purposes of carrying out its research and advocacy activities.
3. For events organisation: EA processes identification details of individuals who register to participate to events and conferences it organises for the purpose of managing the registration and participation to such events under the general terms and conditions that are expressly accepted by the individuals and/or based on consent for certain personal data.
4. For websites security and content access: EA processes identification data from individuals who register themselves on websites managed by EA and by doing so they have given their consent to receive newsletters and other communications. EA also processes identification data from members to facilitate their personal access to the meeting documents or subscribed content.
5. To deal with recruitment requests.
6. To deal with your enquiries or complaints.
7. To improve our services: We use automated means to perform data analyses which allows us to administer the website and improve and facilitate your navigation on our website.
6. What are the legal grounds for processing your data?
We rely on the following legal grounds in order to process your data:
When we consider it is in our legitimate interest, in order to run our activities and comply with our legal obligations, to carry out necessary communications with you.
Based on your consent or explicit consent, for sending you any promotional materials, newsletters or other communications.
To comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
7. How long do we store your data?
8. Information we share
We may also share your information with our clients and their respective members.
We may disclose your data to the extent where we are required by law, in connection to any legal proceedings, to defend our legal rights.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties and do not authorize service providers to use or disclose the information outside the specific need to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Such service providers include web hosting services, marketing platforms and web analytics.
9. Your privacy rights and choices
9.1. EA acts as the data controller of your information as defined by the GDPR. As a data controller, our responsibility notably implies that we provide you with the right to be informed about the processing of your personal information.
You may at any time request to:
Verify and access your personal information
Rectify your data if it is inaccurate or incomplete
Have your data deleted (the “right to be forgotten”)
Object to the use and processing of your data
Request the limitation or restriction of your data use
You also have rights in relation to any automated decision making made through use of your data which has a legal effect or can affect you.
To do so, simply send us an email at the following address: email@example.com.
9.2. You also have to right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office which enforces data protection law.
To know more about your data protection and privacy rights please consult your national data protection authority here.
10. Data transfers to third countries
11. How we safeguard our data
At Europe Analytica we always make sure we use reasonable administrative, technical, and organisational measures to protect your information within our organisation against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use.
13. How to contact us
43 Avenue des Arts
1040 Brussels, Belgium