Student Research Assistant- Europe Analytica
+/- 6 months, full-time
Preferred start date: ASAP
Europe Analytica, a Brussels-based public affairs consultancy, is looking for an intern to assist with day-to-day monitoring tasks and general support for the team of consultants.
Europe Analytica has a long history as a boutique consultancy providing effective communications services for almost 20 years.
This has resulted in Europe Analytica recently being recognised at industry awards such as:
Director and Chairman Angela Mills Wade was included on Politico’s ranking of ‘Women who shape Brussels in 2017’
Two consultants were shortlisted for the Promising Newcomer category at the EuroPAwards 2017
Europe Analytica won two awards at the Public Affairs Awards
o In-house Team of the Year
o Lobbying the European Parliament
The role will involve:
● Monitoring EU policy developments and stakeholder activity
● Writing reports on relevant items debated in the European
Parliament, Council and Commission
● Drafting updates and articles for websites and newsletters
● Conducting ad-hoc research
● General administrative work and office tasks
● Ad hoc management of social media accounts
● Opportunities for increased responsibility
● Currently enrolled in a relevant university degree programme
● Fluent English with knowledge of at least one other EU language
● Fluency in the Italian language will be a strong asset
● Interest in and familiarity with EU legislative procedures
● Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills
● Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
● Computer literacy; knowledge of Microsoft Office
● Positive attitude, flexible, team player, sense of humour
Internship placement offers:
● A pleasant and challenging working environment for learning and growth.
● Varied and interesting assignments and insight into the work of a public affairs consultancy
● Return travel to residence
● Access to a wide network in the Brussels public affairs scene
● The application deadline is 20 February. The employer may choose to conduct interviews via phone/Skype. The internship will start ASAP
● Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com , stating ‘Student Internship Application’ in the subject line.
● A university affiliation is required. This position is for current students only so please do not apply if you have finished your degree.
● Due to the expected high number of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.